3 weeks ago some of my favorite people, Amy and Sarah, came up to visit!
Amy and I went to elementary through high school together and became good friends in high school.
In elementary school when I broke my arm and had a cast on for 3 months she was the nicest person who suggested that whenever I was "in" for 4-square everyone else had to play with just one arm too, to make it fair. I've loved her ever since!
Sarah and I became good friends our senior year through punching wars in seminary--seeing who could get the other to bruise bigger. We're so nice. And I've loved her ever since!
They got a nice taste of our winters here = rainy and gray!
After picking them up at the airport our first stop was Multnomah Falls.
| Me, Amy and Sarah |
We hiked to the top through the drizzling rain.
Once we reached the top it really started to pour!
We were soaked by the time we made it back down to the car.
We stopped at the Pittock Mansion on our way to Forest Grove.
My personal fave...portrait of a cat. Wth?
The next day we drove through rain and a little bit of snow to the coast and went to the Tillamook Cheese Factory.
So entertaining to watch the workers cut the cheese.
We also had some of their delicious ice cream.
Then we went to Cape Mears.
And Cannon Beach.
Brrrr... it was so windy and cold!
On Monday we went to the Portland Japanese Gardens,
Powell's City of Books,
and Voodoo Doughnuts.
Portland's Motto.
Voodoo Doughnuts =Yum!
Half eaten maple bar, triple chocolate donut and a dirt donut.
They have the craziest donuts ever but they are so delicious!
And after a weekend of donuts, peanutbutter m&ms, chocolate chip cookies, gummy worms, cheetos, fruit snacks, crackers, and ice cream....this is what I look like.
Such a nice pregnancy glow wouldn't you say?
Not pictured:
Sarah using her missionary tactics on Amy to commit her to doing something.
"Have you guys seen {insert movie title here}?" being added to every conversation by Sarah, movie extraordinaire.
Amy and Sarah solving my cookie baking woes.
Introducing Amy and Sarah to Finding Bigfoot (more on this in another post).
Lots and lots of laughing.
Did I miss anything?
We had such a good time while they were here and I was sad to see them go!
Thanks for coming to visit guys, it was a blast!
| Love these girls! |
*all pictures were provided by Amy and Sarah (except the fat face)--thanks guys!
**If you're wondering where Chris was in all these pictures...he had to miss out on a lot of fun to study for boards!
3 comments:
Love that picture of your face, that is hilarious!
You really did give them a true tour of oregan...looks pretty cloudy in your pictures! How fun that you had friends visit this time!
ps. cant believe Chris is ditching you for Florida...so rude lol
Oh my goodness, I laughed out loud several times while reading this. You are the best Heath, I'm so lucky to know you and have you as a friend. Thanks for a fantastic trip! Can't wait for your visit soon :)
P.s. Sar's tactics worked... I may have been a few weeks late on the deadline but I did it... I'll have you tell you when I see you when you come home.
Post a Comment